Spring

Easter Sunday Dinner with the Family





In my last newsletter, I promised that I'd share pictures from our family Easter dinner in my next letter.  Now, because of a new computer and misuse of my time, I'm finally getting to it.  We had a great time with a lot of our family members in our home for a delicious dinner.  Adrienne and Caitlyn put on the Easter Egg Hunt for all of the grandkids.  Unfortunately. the weather was cold and rainy so the hunt had to take place downstairs instead of in the yard.  Easter came early this year.  I prefer when it falls later in April because the weather is usually better.  

Sara and Camden; Yuli

 Doyeon;          Hyeji, Yuli, Cub, Adrienne, Sara, Cam, Effie, (AJ in background)


Dojin, Avie
Cam, Yuli, Avie, Foster, Effie and Dojin



Solar Eclipse





During the past week we had a solar eclipse.  I admit, I didn't even walk outside to try and see it, but many of my family members did.  Above, Max, Mav, Afton (Bevy's friend) and Bevy.

Surgeries


Our sweet baby Zack had his 2nd surgery on April 3.  He had a hernia and some other resolvable issues.  He is a trooper but I know it's been hard on his parents to watch him suffer.
2nd surgery
Zack has hypotonia, which means low muscle tone.  He is progressing in every way, but it's obvious that he has muscle weakness.  As you can see, he has no problem in the weight gain department.  


Too many surgeries lately.  Avie had her adenoids removed and tubes inserted.  Above are her before and after pictures.  She came through this easily and didn't even need tylenol after about 24 hours.

Spring Break

Me and Roy aren't affected by Spring Break at all, but we thought it was a good enough excuse to spend the week in Wyoming.  Nick and Sara had the same idea, so we shared the cabin and had a great time with their family.  They had to be home by Friday for Avie's surgery, but we had several days to enjoy them.  One of Roy's "purposes" for going to the Gorge was to do a drive through of a side by side ride he is scheduled to lead (for the Northern Utah ATV Club) in August.  Sara, Nick and Ori accompanied him and I played with the rest of the family.  Sara said the ride was the most fun she's ever had in Flaming Gorge. 





The side by side allows for beautiful vistas otherwise unseen

The mud and dust are two of the reasons I haven't quite wrapped my head 
around being overly involved in this hobby.





Effie is not afraid to get dirty.  We went to Keith Larsen's place in Manilla and had him give the kids a tour of all his calves that have been born this spring.  After the tour, Keith, Roy, Cindy and I were visiting, so the kids found entertainment for a few minutes outside.  Effie loved this dog and laid right down in the gravel with it.  These dogs are nice, but they're farm dogs and they're dirty. 
After they left, Roy and I stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday to relax and to watch conference. On Friday I went back to the Larson's house and Cindy helped me quilt my most recent quilt on her long arm machine.  I thorougly enjoyed learning how this is done.  It took us nearly as long to do the set-up as to do the actual quilting.  The result was beautiful.
 Saturday and Sunday we listened to great talks from our inspired leaders.  I have so much love and respect for these men.  They are brilliant men who have given many years of their life to serving the Lord without monetary compensation.    I'm looking forward to going back and studying each talk.
  

I made these placemats for the cabin right before driving up there.

We have a lot of birthdays in April and this has allowed Roy and me some great one on one time with some of our grandkids.  

Finn (9), Adrienne and Cub
Cub Green

Ila turned 6 on the 10th.  We ended our shopping trip with a cookie at Parson's


Finn's birthday was on the 7th.  We have yet to take him on his birthday outing.  We enjoyed dinner with his whole family the day of his birthday. (Above is Finn, Ollie and Cub). We also took Hyeji out for her birthday (April 8).  I was excited because she allowed me to buy her a pair of jeans and a pair of jean shorts and they both fit!!!  Hyeji spent a lot of time preparing to try out for Cheer at her school.  She was understandably disappointed when she didn't make it.  There were some things that helped console her--like what it would have cost her to be involved.  Her dad, Dan, received the Employee of the Month award at Traeger.  We're proud of him. 

We've been spending more time in Logan lately, in an attempt to help Crista out with everything she has going on.  It's been great to get a little closer to the Vance children.  Todd loves his grandpa and when I arrive alone, the first question from him is always, "Where's grandpa?  He's stolen grandpa's glasses in the following picture.  


Roy and I also tended Nick’s kids so he and Sara could go to the temple on Saturday. Roy and I worked in the yard and the kids played in the creek and on the tramp and on the swings the whole time so it was an easy babysitting job. We had a great time.

Roy was able to get out to see part A baseball game that Finn was playing in and part of a game that Ollie was playing in. He would’ve seen more of Ollie’s game, but did not wear the right clothing so he got too cold.  Ollie subbed for a player on a different team later in the week and got his first home run of the season. He was pretty excited about that as he is now playing on a bigger field.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town