Busily Engaged

The last of the grandchildren have returned to school.  Cam and Yuli get to go to pre-school together-and the Avinator (Avie) has started Kindergarten (I may be a week late on that one).


We returned home from Flaming Gorge on Tuesday, and Roy woke up early Wednesday morning to catch a 6:00 flight to Chicago for a conference.  He got home about 1:00 am on Friday morning.  He was pretty exhausted, but he still wanted to drive to Logan to watch Crista's three girls play soccer.  Bridget and Greta played on the same team.  Bridget was definitely in it for the sociality.  Greta played a little, and day-dreamed a little, too.  Ruby made a goal right off the bat.  She is definitely more engaged at this point.  After the games we went to Angies (restaurant) for a treat.

Bridget; Todd

All the kids had pancakes and they all ate a lot, excepting Greta.  Ruby had her own plate of pancakes and finished up Greta's.   I had pancakes, too.  It was my dinner.  Roy had some soup, and Matt and Crista shared some of the pancakes and a sweet roll (the largest sweet roll we'd ever seen) and some of the slice of banana cream pie.  
Crista is looking about ready to bring baby Zachary into this world.  I asked her how she was feeling and she told me that she played tennis with a group of women.  Since they always play three sets, they played three sets - 2.5 hours.  She said, "I overdid."  Todd asked her, "Mom, you play tennis? Crista: "Yes, I play tennis."  Todd: "When I get big I play tennis...No, I play baseball."  He is a character.  He loves cars so much that he asks Crista every day to go ride grandpa's lawn mower, or to come to our house to play cars.  She has to be pretty patient with his persistence.

 
Todd, Catharine, Roy, Greta, Matt, Ruby, Crista and Bridget;  Ruby and Matt


 Greta; Ruby 

Adrienne doesn't usually send me pictures, but if Roy goes to a game, he usually gets a few photos of the Green children.  



Roy told me that Ollie scored the only touchdown.  Ollie corrected him and told me that he didn't score, he just got it to within 1 yard of the end zone, so everyone thought he had.  It took them another play or two to get the touchdown points.  They ended up winning the game 12-0.  Ollie is our serious sportsman (though I think Gunnar's pretty serious about golf, and Finn isn't far behind Ollie in his commitment).  We think that baseball is Finn's preferred sport.







We had a wonderful Sunday morning sacrament service.  It was the primary program in the Green's ward.  Finn, Ila and Ollie all did great and seemed to really know the songs.  It's Ollie's last primary program, since he'll become a deacon in January.  Speaking of deacons; it was great to see Gunnar passing the sacrament today.  Maybe the best part was that I got to hold Cub for most of the hour.  He is such a beautiful baby boy.  

I'm getting ready to teach institute and I'm feeling more secure in the websites I'll be using.  I came across this quote by M. Russell Ballard (see below) as I was studying for my first week teaching.  I'm always amazed by our church leaders.  The Prophet and the Quorum of the Twelve give up lucrative careers and personal time to spend the rest of their lives testifying of the Living Christ.  I find their wisdom and their knowledge amazing.  They are always encouraging us to be our best selves.   

“I have heard that some people think the Church leaders live in a ‘bubble.’ What they forget is that we are men and women of experience, and we have lived our lives in so many places and worked with many people from different backgrounds. Our current assignments literally take us around the globe, where we meet the political, religious, business, and humanitarian leaders of the world. Although we have visited [leaders in] the White House in Washington, D.C., and leaders of nations [and religions] throughout the world, we have also visited the most humble [families and people] on earth. ... 

“When you thoughtfully consider our lives and ministry, you will most likely agree that we see and experience the world in ways few others do. You will realize that we live less in a ‘bubble’ than most people. ...

“There is something about the individual and combined wisdom of the [Church leaders] that should provide some comfort. We have experienced it all, including the consequences of different public laws and policies, disappointments, tragedies, and deaths in our own families. We are not out of touch with your lives” (Stay in the Boat and Hold On! Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2014, 90).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town