Camden's baby blessing Feb. 21, 2021 (and Thomas' birthday)

 This was a mostly uneventful week--for me anyway.  The 21st is Thomas' birthday--he would be 30.  Roy and I took a couple of balloons over to his grave.  Flowers don't seem like a great idea at this time of year--even artificial ones.

You can see in the  above photo of Roy that he is only slightly better at selfies than grandpa Rasband :)

In the afternoon we watched Camden's baby blessing via Zoom.  We were invited to attend personally, but with my cough and the colds some of Nick's family were experiencing, Roy and I decided to watch from home.  My immune system seems especially low since having COVID, and my cough gets ever more annoying--to me and everyone else, I'm sure.


    Nick with Camden River Rasband
He looks about twice his age in this picture. 
He's only 3 months old.

Nick and Sara's family of 4: Ori, Avie, Effie and Camden



Unfortunately, the week wasn't quite as uneventful for Caitlyn.  She attempted skiing at Powder Mountain, in fresh powder snow.  She hasn't had that much skiing experience.  I didn't suggest she stay home, but I did tell her that skiing in powder was very hard.  She fell and hurt her leg.  One of her skis caught the snow and the other didn't.  She is in a boot and on crutches, but is unsure yet as to how much damage she did.  The x-ray did not show a break.  She was supposed to test her Senior Freestyle Skating test in two weeks.  It looks like that may not happen.  She said her jaw was also swollen, so somehow she must have hit it in the process--not good.  She already has plenty of pain in her jaw without adding to it.  I asked her, "What did you learn?  To never ski in powder, or to never go skiing?"  She didn't give me a straight answer.




Pictures from the week:

Matt, Ruby, Greta, Crista and Bridget.  They tried out "Courtney's
Restuarant (at Nick and Sara's suggestion).  It so happens that Courtney is
the man who made all the lunches for Malouf while Matt worked there.  He's
now started his own restaurant.

Above: Jennie, enjoying little Yuli, and Ruby, looking like Cinderella--sweeping the
floor in her beautiful dress!


Last week I mentioned that I would be studying Moroni 7 this week. I didn't hear comments from anyone, but that's okay.  I forgot myself until today.  I enjoyed reading it and I feel like I got a lot out of it--even though I didn't study it all week.  A couple of scriptures stood out as an answer to how to test spiritual promptings.  It is definitely worth 1/2 hour of your time to read and ponder this chapter.

The first way to test is to decide if it is good.  If it is good it cometh of God.
There were a lot of passages that talked about the intent of our hearts.  When we give a gift (give service or pray), what is our intent?  

 For I remember the word of God which saith by their works ye shall know them; for if their works be good, then they are good also.
and

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil. (This is especially important in this world we live in right now).

The other main thought was that we develop this discernment through faith.

28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town