Scriptural Thought

As soon as possible after getting home from Georgia, I again went to Logan to help Crista with the baby.  Little Zack is so precious; I love the time I have been able to hold him and feed him.  

The next day I had my hair cut by Jennie, and then Thursday, Jennie and I drove to Logan again.  I walked in the door and got my stuff situated.  Bridget was sitting at the counter doing her computer pre-school.  She looked at me and asked, "Grandma, is that a wig?"  



Foster was very interested in the baby.  


While studying Come Follow Me this past couple of weeks, I came across one of my favorite scriptures.  I've quoted it before in this blog.  It's 2 Peter 1:15-21

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised afables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were beyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my abeloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this avoice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy bmount.

19 aWe have also a more bsure word of cprophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day dstar arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that ano bprophecy of the cscripture is of any private dinterpretation.

21 For the aprophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God bspake as they were cmoved by the dHoly Ghost.

Peter knew he was not going to remain on earth much longer and he bore testimony to his people about the Savior.  After reading this, I read from Elder Holland's book Our Day Star Rising, where he comments on this verse.  He says, 

"I want you to know that I have not given my life to a fairy tale.  This work is not a joke we are trying to play on someone.  As the Apostle Peter said, "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty."  This gospel is not a "cunningly devised fable," as some accuse it of being.  That idea offends me; it is an insult to me.  I was not born yesterday.  During the course of my life, I have read several books; I have been to two or three good schools; I even had the privilege of presiding over a good school.  Along the way I have met kings and queens, princes, and prime ministers.  

So, this is not my first rodeo, as they say; I am not foolish enough to go off on some wild-goose chase.  Rather than racing around the world at my age, I could be home, doing whatever it is that people do when they are octogenarians.  So, why am I not home? It is because this is the very Church and kingdom of God on earth.  I will say that until I have no breath left in my lungs or words upon my lips to say it.  This is not "a cunningly devised fable.  It is God's very truth! 



Zack is now one month old.  Todd is the photo bomb in the first picture--note the car in his hand.
Bridget is training Zack to hold the binky in his mouth with his hand since he can't quite keep it in there on his own by sucking.  



We enjoyed our date with Dan and Doyeon to
Centerpoint Legacy Theater to see White Christmas.
Doyeon said that Yuna would have really enjoyed it--
because of the kissing.  We'll have to catch her for a play in the near future.





Yuli and Camden had a gymnastics recital (Roy and I missed it because we were out of town).  I don't know who the blond girl is;  Elise and Caitlyn were both at Universal Studios on the same day.  Elise was there all day, and Caitlyn arrived for the after hours festivities.  There was an hour overlap and they were able to meet up with each other for a few minutes.  

Roy and I made the drive to the Gorge on Friday to check on things there.  Roy had some projects, but unfortunately, he came down with a bad cold and didn't feel like doing much.  Luckily he was able to procure the energy to get a few things done.  There was 3 or 4 inches of snow when we left Wyoming this morning to come home.  It's beautiful up there (and cold)!

Some firewood remains from building our fence at the cabin. 
It might be good for crafts, too, if anyone is interested.

We enjoyed watching the Christmas Devotional while sipping hot chocolate.  We're grateful for the tradition of beginning our Christmas season with the beautiful songs sung by the choir as well as the thoughts given about our Savior.  It was a wonderful hour.

Comments

  1. The quote by Elder Holland is so beautiful to me. I got emotional while reading it. This is the truth, and I feel so blessed to have it!

    The girl in the gymnastics picture is Bryant Oblad's daughter. We didn't know it, but she goes to the same preschool, just a different class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town