Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town

 I noticed a text Saturday morning on my phone.  Marcia Marshall (my cousin Richard Winterton's daughter) said, "I'm the only one on the call...I thought this was supposed to be the important meeting with voting and everything."  I realized I blew it.  I've been the secretary of the Cook Family Organization for many years and I think this is the first meeting I totally forgot about.  The reason Marcia was the only one on the call was because I even forgot to send out reminder emails.  Still, everyone knows there's a meeting the 2nd Saturday of every month, so they shouldn't be so dependent on me, right?  I felt badly, but I felt I had some good excuses.  Elise, Andy and their four children have been visiting since Tuesday.  Yesterday (the day of the above blunder), Ruby was baptized in Logan, and today Jennie and Jordan are blessing Foster.  


Ruby, Crista and Matt.  Ruby was baptized a member of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on June 10, 2023

When you start getting our whole family together it's nice when you have a park right by your house.  Crista put on a nice lunch for everyone in Logan after the baptism.  There were a few children from Matt's side and I think a few of Ruby's friends, too.



The Vances and the Rasbands (Regan and Jana on the left, then our family, then the rest of the Vance family).



Jennie and Jorden blessed Foster Mei Howell on Sunday, June 11, 2023;  Ruby, Maverick, Bevy, Greta




Jordan and Yuna;  Yuna with Foster


Roy and Caitlyn holding Foster on her blessing day
  


Ruby and her cousins had a little restaurant.  They tried to heist all my candy for their store, but I put a stop to it.  After that they went through a lot of my berries and all of my baby bel cheese.  It was healthier (and a bit more expensive than the candy would have been).  Elise only put a stop to it when they started on the soda.  They had a great time!



Roy, Bevy, Foster and Foster's cousin on Jordan's side;  Todd






It's been such a moderate June that eating outside has been a pleasure.  At the little table, Cam, Greta, Todd and Bridget; middle table: Ila, Avie, Finn, Doyeon, Ollie and Ori;  Back table: Adrienne and AJ, Sara, Dan and Caitlyn


Caitlyn and Doyeon;  Gunnar and Hyeji


Dojin



We took several pictures trying to get the grandchildren to all look forward and smile, only to have Dojin run out of the house at the last second.  No one counted to see if we had all of them.  Roy and I finally had to step in and hold Todd because he was unhappy that his playtime was interrupted, and he only calmed down when grandpa picked him up.  From left to right: Beverly, Avie, Maverick, Ila, Foster, Hyeji, Effie, Doyeon, Dojin, Harvey, Yuna, Ori, Camden, Max, Bridget, Greta, Gunnar, Ollie, Ruby, Todd, Roy, Catharine, Finn and Yuli.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought