June birthdays etc.

June Birthdays

We have three June birthdays in our family.  Cub's was first on the 18th.  We got to see him smash his first Birthday cake.  I don't know when this tradition started; I know I never did it with my own kids.  Cub loved it, once he got the idea.  Adrienne had to quickly nap the sugar adornments because they were the perfect size for choking.  


Cub;  Cub with Adrienne and grandma in the background
Max also had a birthday on the 20th.  


Max.  Elise had this posted on Facebook.   Max is now 11!

The third birthday is yet to come.  Bridget will be 5 next week.  Hopefully I'll have a picture to include.

Jieun sent me these pictures to show that Yuli appreciates the gift I gave her in December (for her birthday).  It's the little doll and doll blanket.  Apparently she's been carrying it around a lot.  She's a little sweetheart.  

Yuli with Doyeon at left.  Dan, Hyeji, Yuli and Yuna (?)


She even wants her little doll buckled with her.  Dojin and Yuna are in the backseat

Baseball

We have more than one grandson playing baseball, but we seem to get the most pictures of Ollie.  Cub's smash cake was served following this baseball game.  Ollie's a left-handed batter.



Flaming Gorge

Two days after returning from Lake Powell, Roy and I drove up to Flaming Gorge.  We had a few chores to get done.  Also, Roy is leading a ride in his side X side club in August and he needed to do a little preliminary work for that.  




This bolt came off the boat trailer so Roy had to find a replacement bolt in Rock Springs.  Luckily, he had to go there anyway.  He bought an old Cadillac that was large enough to pull the boat and he was able to register it when he ran his errands.  He also took it to a car place and had the oil changed and the fluids checked.  Unfortunately, the old adage "you get what you pay for" proved true when we took the boat on the lake on Saturday.  Everything went well until we drove back to the cabin and put the boat into the garage.  We then noticed that the radiator was leaking.  


At least we had a lovely 3 hours on the Lake.  Roy's since found a mechanic in the Manilla area and is trying to reach him to see if he can take care of the radiator for us.  The car is a 2003 with 150,000 miles.  We want it so we can leave it at the Gorge so we don't have to give up our truck every time someone in the family wants to go boating.  It also allows us to drive smaller vehicles to the Gorge and not spend quite so much on gas.  Hopefully it will get fixed and we won't see any more significant problems.



Roy takes care of a lot of the cabin chores, but as you saw in the letter a couple of weeks ago; Dan's family put an extra layer of stain on the fence; and Friday I spent some time mowing down the weeds and pasture mix we are trying to grow.  It is looking pretty good and we're getting more bunnies in the morning and evening because the greenery on our lot is more enticing now.



Keith Larsen invited us to a local rodeo of young competitors.  He told us the wrong time so we arrived an hour late (thankfully, because the event was 4 hours long) and missed his two granddaughter's events.  They had a final event, but I didn't stay for it because I had to teach my institute class.  Roy stayed to watch.  They had a banner above the arena to honor Keith's grandson (that passed away last November in a horse accident following one of these types of events).  The names of his parents and sister were also on the banner. We don't know the child in this picture, but his size is representative of the other bull riders at this event.


We had to be home Saturday night because I was speaking in church on Sunday.  Last Sunday when the bishop asked me, he asked if we were going to be home.  I said, "No, we're not planning on it, but I'll talk to Roy and see what he says." After talking to him we decided since we'd missed two weeks of church while we were in Lake Powell, we should make an effort to be in our own ward.  I told the bishop we'd be back and I could speak.  I'm attaching my talk.  Dan, Jieun and the kids all came to support me.  
Dan also sent me a couple of cute pictures of his kids in my yard when they came over to pick my berries for me while we were gone.
 

The angle of the camera in the first picture makes our yard look like a jungle.  Dojin is in the creek in the picture on the left.  I think Doyeon, Yuli and Yuna are in the creek, too.

While we were gone, Jieun's art was on display at "Alpine Art" in Salt Lake City.  We all agree that Jieun's amazing, but she was second guessing herself when someone went on and on about her moose that she sold last year and didn't comment on her elk.  Don't worry, Jieun.  You're art is gorgeous.


The Jackson's had a mile stone when Harvey really started swimming this week.  It's nice to have access to a pool.  He's doing great!


My spiritual thought for the week is my talk from today.  I'm attaching it to the email.
I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Summer/Lake Powell