Another side X side ride (Nevada/Arizona)




Family News


This past week we've either heard from or spent time with some of our grandkids.  Below are pictures of Foster eating an oreo (scraping out the frosting first, without ever being instructed); and Todd, declaring to his mom that this large orb on his counter was a "car egg."  Crista thought this was hilarious, so she proceeded to put a toy car inside the cantaloupe to see how he would react.  In the video below you can see that he can't be fooled quite so easily.




Adrienne

This next paragraph is written by Adrienne to share some of her good news:


"About 2 months ago I had a friend say that the WSF (Women's Sports Foundation) was accepting applications for their team to run the 2024 NYC Marathon as part of their foundation. I have wanted to run a marathon for years, really since I started running 16 years ago. In my mind I figured my chances were slim, but why not fill out the application and see what happens. I was accepted to have an interview over Zoom, and that took place a few weeks ago. I found out this week that I made the team! It’s a pretty cool year to be a part of the team because they are taking 50 runners to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the WSF Foundation. I will have to do some fundraising for the foundation by being a part of this team, but I am excited to do it. It’s a really cool foundation that helps women and girls of all ages participate, pursue, or enjoy sports. They help communities in need to facilitate this, as well as elite athletes trying to make it into college sports or further. I am stoked and a little nervous, ha ha, to have the NYC Marathon be my first marathon." 

Jieun's Art

Jieun has recently completed the elk at left and is planning on submitting it to an exhibition.  The painting on the right is one she is currently working on.  This is an animal I've never seen nor heard of: It's a Markhor.

Gunnar and Roy off to Mesquite

I was able to spend time with Adrienne's kids Thursday night.  Adrienne and AJ had so many games with their boys planned for the weekend (in different cities) that the only night they could be together was Thursday.  Since Roy and Gunnar were on their way south, I was available to take care of the Green children.  I didn't get much attention from Finn and Ollie, but I got a lot from Ila and Cub.  We spent some time outside in the nice weather before coming in and getting ready for bed.  
Gunnar and Roy left Thursday afternoon to spend some bonding time together.  They drove all the way to Mesquite for a sideXside ride with the club.  Roy got some great pictures from their weekend together.


Eating at "KanKun" in Beaver on the way down.



Beautiful sunshine!




The wildflowers were out in all their glory.  The fence behind Gunnar is called "The Beer Fence." because people attach their drink cans to it.  I think it would be prettier if they left it alone! Gunnar drove several hours the first day, and did most of the driving on the 2nd day. Below are more pictures from their ride.







The barrel cactus in the picture on the right (above) next to Gunnar is actually almost his size!




The cacti were also blooming, 
















You have to admit that the states in the west are unique and beautiful.  The side X side allowed Roy and Gunnar to see views otherwise unavailble to people.







The barrel cacti were plentiful and large


It's hard to see, but the red on the hill is a blanket of wildflowers that went for miles.



 Here Gunnar is driving down a fairly technical part of the ride.
Overall they drove about 150 miles.

After an unlifting and inspiring Stake Conference this morning, Roy and I drove down to Santaquin to visit grandpa.  He's doing about the same.  He told me he thought he was going to go today.  He felt like he needed to see Fern, "but then I didn't." he said.  He also wondered if he'd ever get his driver's license again so he could go out for a drive, but other than that he seemed totally lucid.  He did want Roy to come down and take him to the eye doctor.  He can't get out of his bed, but he seems to think doctors can still help him with some of his problems.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town