Normal life

 

I've decided that Roy's idea of fun is to do projects.  Once again we made a weekend trip to the Gorge to do some projects around the cabin.  This time we readied the 5th wheel to bring back and sell.  We thought we'd use it with our big family, but the cabin is comfortable.  Since we've only used it once in three summers, we decided we better part with it.  Roy also adjusted the cameras on the house.  He would have gone up again tonight to do some outside work Monday and Tuesday, but as you can see, there 's snow everywhere, so outside work would be difficult if not impossible.  I'm happy about it because he's also leaving town for a conference on Wednesday, so this way I won't be alone all week.  Other than projects we managed to get out for a side by side ride and a long walk to the hub and back. While walking to the hub this horse (?) trotted all the way across the field to walk alongside us.  She must have felt lonely.  She was skittery at first, but after letting her smell my hand a couple of times, she let me pet her neck.  On our way home, she made her way from the back of the pasture to say hi to us once more.  





Elise painted these dogwoods for my birthday present this year.
Dogwoods have special meaning to me because of their leaves symbolize the Savior.  
Each bloom on a Dogwood tree has four petals, symbolizing a cross (as the legend tells it). At the end of each petal, there is a small indention to remind us of the nails that pierced Jesus' hands and feet.  We had a dogwood tree planted on Tom's grave in Atlanta, but when we brought Tom to Utah, I'm guessing they had to take down the tree

"


Nick and Sara have been in Peru for the past two weeks.  Roy picked them up from the airport today.  They had missed their connecting flight which meant an extra day in Peru.  They were very tired.  On the right is Effie.  She was over just once while they were gone.  In this picture she's in the egg apron and ready to go collect the eggs for us.


Harvey hurt his arm rough-housing with his brothers about two weeks ago (The kids didn't have school which leaves lots of time for accidents).  Andy spent his day off with him at the hospital, while Elise spent her day taking Max back and forth to the orthodontist trying to get his appliance fixed.  Harvey's a lot happier now that the cast is off.  Right after church he changed into this interesting "Mario?" outfit.


I was able to spend some time with Crista's kids by driving up to Logan one day each of the last two weeks.  Zack is very sweet.  His first surgery is a week from tomorrow.  I was also able to tend Foster for a few hours on Friday.  She was great until mom got home; then she started to complain.  

My gospel doctrine class and my institute class are both fulfilling for me.  I study a lot so I can take my classes in the direction that the Spirit takes us.  I have to say that I notice if I don't start my day with prayer on the days I'm teaching.  I definitely need the directing influence of the Spirit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town