Tending Grandchildren, Sunday Dinner, Snakes and Upcoming Travel


We spent some time with some of our grandchildren this week.  Monday I took Cub while Adrienne went to a hair appointment.  He hasn't had a lot of grandparent time, but he warmed up quickly and we had a good time bonding with him.  








 We also had the opportunity to tend Ruby, Greta, Bridget and Todd, on Thursday.  On Saturday we had Ori, Effie, Avie, Camden and Yuna for several hours.  We failed to take pictures on either of these days.  Friday, Nick took me to lunch to celebrate my birthday, and Saturday, Dan and Jieun took Roy and me to dinner to celebrate my birthday again.  I've had many opportunities to make this a month long birthday celebration!

In my lesson on Sunday we spent most of the hour talking about 2 Nephi 2.  In the 5 chapters that we studied over the two weeks, I found at least a dozen different topics that I could center my lesson around (This is a land of liberty;  Redemption comes through the Holy Messiah; Agency is essential;The Fall, Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy;  Men are free to choose liberty and eternal life; Restoration; Joseph Smith was chosen by God to restore the gospel; Joseph of Egypt prophesied and saw his day; The psalm of Nephi; The curse that came upon the Lamanites; We lived after the manner of Happiness.)      We spoke a little bit on the fall of Adam, and then we moved into agency.  That kept the discussion going for nearly the whole lesson.  One quote I found (that I meant to use, but didn't), was Boyd K. Packer; "If agency had been given to man without the Atonement, it would have been a fatal gift."  Though I'm grateful I can choose how I live my life.  I'm also grateful that my sins and mistakes can be forgiven.

Sunday evening we had most of our Utah family over for dinner.  Adrienne's family was on their way home from St. George where Ollie had been in a tournament so they didn't make it.  I got some cute pictures.




Foster and Yuli, twin outfits.  Effie, Greta, Bridget, Dojin, Doyeon, Yuna, Ori, Ruby and Hyeji



Avie, Todd, Camden and Yuli

                                                    Bridget; Zackary

Greta and Foster, Roy and  Zack



Greta, Bridget, Sara, Avie, Doyeon, Ori, Yuna, Hyeji and Todd
Yes, they are looking at a phone.  Sara is showing them all
various animal pictures.



Todd; Todd with Dallin


Yuli and Cam

I'm including Monday in my letter because we are headed to Georgia for Maverick's baptism and I will most likely miss writing this coming Sunday.
Monday afternoon we headed out with Nick's family and Yuna to drive down and see grandpa Rasband. We visited with him for a half hour then headed to Springville to take a look at Nick's snake hobby at Clint's Reptile Room.


Sara, Nick, Yuna, Grandpa, Effie, Catharine and Avie (Roy's taking the picture).

At the reptile room:

Roy with a bearded dragon; Catharine (I liked this snake--it was very calm and didn't climb all over me).



Sara holding the baby ball  python (I really liked holding this one, too).  
This was a first for Sara, she has adamantly refused to touch or hold the snakes until now.






This is the ower's daughter.  She's about 2.  She came over and took this snake
right out of Sara's hands.  Her sister helped her put it over her shoulders.


The owner trying to talk Sara out of her fear of snakes.

Me with the baby ball python.  It wrapped itself around my wrist and stayed there.  Nick said royalty used to wear these snakes as jewelry because they would wrap around the person's body and just stay there.


Effie with a lizard.  I wouldn't hold the lizards 
because they would crawl right up your arm and shoulder and even onto your head.




We leave to Augusta, Georgia on Thursday to participate in Maverick's baptism.  We're excited for him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town