Two Weeks of Family News


News from January 15-21



We continue to be in the middle of the virus season.  Cub woke up with pink eye one morning last week.  He seems pretty happy anyway.  It's so noticeable because his eyes are so big.



Doyeon practiced her make-up skills on Yuli.  Yes, the Zombie look is intentional.  And Doyeon also has a new look--she is now sporting braces.


Yuli and Cam after pre-school.  They get along well with each other.



Mav and Jieun both celebrated birthdays on the 21st.  Jieun shared her birthday cake with us.  We are so excited for Mav's baptism next month.  Roy and I are flying to Augusta for it at the end of February.  




A great day at the Green's:  Ollie was ordained a deacon at 11:00 on Sunday the 21st.  Roy was able to  participate, but I didn't dare since I was teaching gospel doctrine at 11:30.  I didn't want the stress of not making it in time.  Sorry, Ollie!  I wish I could have been there.  Congratulations!

Ruby is like her grandmother.  She loves to read.  Now she's ventured into being a writer as well.  Above is her first fantasy book.  Evil Kitty's Guide and Legends.  I can't wait to read it, Ruby.


Roy was out of town all week for a conference in Orlando.  He finished the conference on Thursday and stayed until Friday evening so he could practice his photography on the Apopka Wildlife Trail that we  found on our previous Orlando visit.  Last time we found 29 alligators.  This time Roy spotted a whopping 75, including this big guy:












I'm glad I don't make it a practice to say Happy Birthday to my loved ones in this blog anymore, because I've missed mentioning a lot of birthdays in the past few weeks.  My kids and grandkids all know I love them, though!  Happy birthday to all those November, December, and January birthdays that didn't get mentioned in my blog!

Week of January 22-28

Jieun taught an art class at Dan's work for a Traeger activity.  I think they were happy with the results.

Dan's co-workers




Roy and Dan spent a couple of nights at the Gorge to participate in a burbot fishing tournament.  They had to head North to find the ice.  The place where we ice-skated last year is barely frozen in places. 

 Dan caught the first fish, a trout; acceptable in the tournament.  They also caught two small burbots.  They didn't end up entering any of their fish.  Roy said that some of these fisherman fish for 48-hours straight and they get some big fish.  

Here are some photos from the fishing weekend.  They took a lot!  I'm sharing a few.




































We see a lot of Foster at our house since Jennie has a temporary (hopefully) salon in our basement.  Foster knows my massage chair is a no-no, but that doesn't stop her from heading toward it at the first opportunity (I don't thinks she knows or cares what the chair does, but she likes the controller).  Since she was already there, I said, "Okay you little pill--I guess we should just take your picture."  I pulled out my phone and she got this big grin and said "cheese!"

A lot of our family has been sick this week.  Roy and Dan had colds, but they had fun fishing anyway.  Avie has had so many ear infections that she has to have tubes put in and her adenoids removed.  Nick spent some time Friday night at the ER.  He has some large polyps in his gall bladder and will most likely need surgery.  Jieun and Yuli didn't come watch the movie because Yuli's been sick with a high fever and cold.  It seems like it's been a bad winter for viruses and other illness.  We pray that everyone is on the road to recovery. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town