Pre-Halloween Fun (short letter, mostly pictures)

Roy had a business trip in Rhode Island this past week. We've talked about me going along, but it's a long flight.  If I do go, we'll have to stay a lot longer than 3 days. At least I get a trip to Florida!😁 
While he was gone, I tended Ori, Effie, Avie and Camden for the last few days of Nick and Sara's trip to Europe.  Ori brought lots of stuff in order to make lunches every day.  I have things on hand, but I guess she wanted to make sure it was stuff they liked😋.  I think the kids had a great time spending a couple of nights at grandma's.  Ori was a big help and she was really sweet to share her face wash and moisturizing cream with me.  Effie told me that she likes it when I brush her hair because, "my mom gets really aggressive."  Avie was her usual sweet, quiet self, and Cam got lots of attention from me when his sisters went to school.  The weather was beautiful Tuesday and Wednesday, so we spent a lot of time outside.  Dan's kids came over quite a bit to play with their cousins, too.

Cam enjoying the beautiful weather, and Cam again, in his Pig the Pug mask.  I meant to take a picture of the girls after I fixed their hair each morning, but both mornings I forgot. 
Cam was fun to be with and he went to bed easily for me; but apparently not so easily for his parents when they got home.  He was also very well behaved and super sweet the whole time I was tending him.



The Green's spent winter break and a little bit longer in St. George. 
They stopped to see Grandpa Verl on the way home.  


Jennie tended the Dan Rasband family for the full two weeks of their trip to Europe.  Foster probably  loved having a lot of cousin time.  Heyji showed us her room--she bought her chair and the shelves, plus her headboard with her own money.  In this picture she's showing her room to me and grandpa.

Lots of the family enjoyed trunk or treat this past week:



Matt, Crista, Todd, Greta, Ruby and Bridget.  
Next week I'll be tending for the Vances since baby Zachary is
for sure coming on Nov. 1, if not before.

Greta and Todd (or lady bug and PJ Mask)


Going through the "haul"  Ruby (Hermione) and Bridget (I'm not sure who she is).



Our ward trick or treat was at the white chapel across the street from our house (a building used by the neighboring stake).  Jieun, Cait, Doyeon, Yuna, Dojin, Roy, Nick, Ori, Sara, Avie, Effie, Cam, Dan, Hyeji and Yudi.  



Elise's family also had their own Halloween celebration.  Max and Harvey; Mav, and  Bevy; Bevy and Andy.  I know they were in themed costumes, but that's all I know.  I think it was some video game they like.

End of the soccer season:

                                                                at least for outdoor games.


At the end of the week, Roy was home from his conference and he went to see Effie's last soccer game.  I think soccer is something she enjoys.  

Europe



A couple of pictures from Dan's and Jieun's and Nick's and Sara's trip to Europe.  Sara posted a lot on Facebook, but I don't think Dan and Jieun posted much.  They spent a few days together in Rome, then went on to do different things.  Nick is in Switzerland in this picture. Dan and Jieun are in Italy (where they stayed the whole time). 




I spent a lot of my free time this week studying for my classes--the Thursday institute class, and the Sunday gospel doctrine class.  I learned a lot.  I also did a little sewing, but mostly I spent time with Nick's kids. Over all it was a good week (though tiring 🥱).


Excerpt from my brother Phil's letter:


Jean Calder, my brother-in-law Bruce Oblad’s sister, passed away Friday. She is just a year older than me. Unbeknownst to Charlotte and me, she had early onset dementia.The Oblad family moved into our ward (Monument Park 15th) when I was 12 or so. Alex Oblad was a well-known chemist and chemical engineer, “an authority in the catalystic chemistry of petroleum refining and petrochemical production.” My Uncle Mel, his long-time friend, recruited Alex away from the M.W. Kellog company to help grow IRECO Chemicals. It didn’t last. Like my father, Alex was given the blessing of learning to forgive my uncle. Since IRECO did not become the long-term opportunity he expected, Alex took a teaching and research position at the University of Utah in fuels engineering. He died in 2000 at 90 years old.
We have a neighbor, recently moved in, who just retired as a professor at the University of Utah. I asked
him if he knew Alex Oblad. He was quite excited to tell me how he knew Dr. Oblad and what a fine
reputation he had.  The Oblads’ move to Utah brought Bruce into our lives when he found himself attracted to my sister Nan. Jean was a year older than me. She was always very friendly, very confident, and like all the Oblad’s, very intelligent. She married Scott Calder, an equally intelligent and successful businessman. Early passings remind us to live life to the fullest every day.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town