Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Saving's Time

I had great hopes that this would be our last time change ever.  I hate losing an hour.  Gaining an hour in the fall is slightly better, but it still messes with my time clock.  The latest I've heard about the possible end of Daylight Savings Time is that it's been passed in the Senate, but ignored in Congress.  Apparently it's been reintroduced in Congress, so hopefully they will vote on it soon.  Keep your fingers crossed.
 
This is what Daylight Savings Time feels like to me


:

Family Interactions



Hyeji had a choir concert this week.  She let Roy know about it approximately an hour before it
started.  He was running errands, so he attended the concert before he came home.  


I tended Yuli, Yuna and Dojin while Dan and Jieun went with Hyeji and Doyeon to the Temple.  Yuli is trying on her mom's shoes.  She could walk pretty well, probably because her little feet were pressed flat in the toe.



Matt's real snowman was buried, so Matt spray painted this one.



My quilting project this week: I took a picture before I sewed on the eyes.  
I gave this mini quilt to Caitlyn because she has an affinity with turtles.




Crista and Matt came down for the weekend to spend time with the fam.  Dad, Dan and Matt took off early Saturday morning and went rabbit hunting.  Both Dan and Matt were successful (I'm not sure Matt was super happy about his success).  Matt cooked his rabbit at our house (per Dan's instructions) and made Chimichurri.  Some of the family tasted it and said it wasn't gamey at all.

Ruby and I went on a walk Saturday.  It was nice to have a sunny, not too cold day.  We walked over to Jennie's, visited Jennie, Jordan and Foster for a few minutes then walked back home. Ruby said she likes to have "dates" because she really likes attention.  She said she really wanted me to take her to Dicks grocery store so she could pick something out.  I told her that I had to pick up my ice skates (I'd taken them to be sharpened) and we could go to the store on the way back.  It turned out that Grandpa came along, too, which was lucky for Ruby because Grandpa chose to go to Smith's (a lot more stuff to choose from) and he's also more generous than Grandma.  

Unfortunately, a lot of sickness has been going around, so Dan's family and Nick's family missed our Sunday dinner gathering.  At least technology allowed them to get together Saturday night for some gaming.  This also allows Elise and Andy to join in the fun.  


Sunday morning:  The girls were eating breakfast and didn't want to get their dresses dirty, so I gave them each a bib.  They asked me to take their picture.  Bridget, Greta and Ruby.

Dallin holding Foster.  I'm not sure if he's imitating her
or if he's just shocked that he's actually holding a baby.
 

Sunday Night Dinner








We missed this event, but Ollie was excited to show me the picture.  He played 8 games in St. George in a tournament.  In one game--in the rain, he slid into base to avoid getting out.  Adrienne was on the sidelines yelling, "Don't slide--it's red dirt!"  But that's what it's all about, mom.  She says she still hasn't gotten the uniform clean.



Last week our bishop shared his testimony.  He talked about spending 5 hours watching a famous pageant while he and his wife were in Germany.  It was a depiction of the life of Christ and he said it was fabulous...until the ending scene.  They'd spent hours watching and were looking forward to the culmination, where Christ greets Mary by the empty tomb...and He never came.  The creators, not wanting to offend, decided to have angels at the tomb to announce what had happened.  Our bishop said it was such a let down. Christ's resurrection is what it's all about.  It's the part that matters most.  He is victorious over death.  He is our Savior and Redeemer.  We need never be ashamed of that fact as we share our light and testimonies with others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town