Restful Week

This week I studied hours and hours in preparation to teach the gospel doctrine class which is my new calling.  This is the reason I'm excited about my calling--it will be great incentive for me to study more and spend more time in the scriptures.  I share the calling with 6 others, so I'll only get to teach every 4-6 weeks. Today's lesson was on the birth of the Savior and included some of the most familiar verses of scripture in the New Testament.  Even though I could almost recite some of these verses by heart, I learned a lot.  I centered the lesson on these topics: The cost and blessings of discipleship, prophecy and revelation, worshipping God, and witnesses.  Maybe I shouldn't have put witnesses last because we didn't get that far.  I had great class participation and the time went fast. While studying I came across a great article on the witnesses of the birth of Christ.  Special Witnesses of the Birth of Christ.  

During the week I had thought about Herod and wondered how he had the audacity to even think he could thwart God's plan and kill the baby that had been prophesied about for hundreds of years.  When I read the section on Herod in this article, it made me understand.  There has to be opposition in all things and through Herod's choices, he truly had become "Satan's chief apostle."  I would highly recommend that you read the whole article, but I found the paragraph about Herod to be very interesting. 


We didn't see a lot of our grandchildren this week, except for a brief time at the swimming pool when we showed up late for Ori's party, and a few pictures that were sent via the Rasband Clan

We were unaware that Gunnar wears glasses.  I guess it's mostly just at school.  This is a picture of the sample school picture that was sent home.  Hopefully we'll get a better copy later.




Yuli was fascinated with baby Foster.  



Ori's party started at 4:30.  We didn't realize the part of the party outside of the pool was right at 4:30 so we showed up closer to 5:30.  Not surprisingly none of the grandkids were very interested in talking to us, though we got a few hugs and a couple of smiles.


Ori on the "wibit" toy at the rec center.

Grandpa and Grandma with Ori and a few of her friends (including Yuna).

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town