A New Baby for Christmas!



Foster Mei Howell joined our family on December 21, 2022.  She weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 1/4 inches long.  We're so happy she's here and that everything went well, though Jennie had a long labor.  She had her "best laid plans," that the baby would be born on the 20th--Jordan's birthday (happy birthday, Jordan), so she went to the hospital around 7:00 pm on the 19th.  However, the baby took her time and came in the early morning hours of the 21st.





Caitlyn and I went together to see Foster since Roy was out of town.



We also celebrated Yuli's 2nd birthday this past week.  She was so happy with all the attention!  Dan and Jieun have gotten really smart and took her to the DI to shop for her birthday present.  She was excited to show us her treasures. Roy and I gave her the bike she's trying to ride.



Caitlyn, Ori and I all performed in the Christmas Ice Show.  I think (and I've probably said this before) that this is my farewell performance.  It is so stressful for me.  I'm also a slow and cautious skater, so it's embarrassing.  I have to remind myself that I was the only grandma in the show.  I will post both videos for your enjoyment.

I used gray hair spray and grayed the hair that would show with my shower cap.  Roy's response: "That really ages you!"

Jennie and Jordan (with Camden) even came to see Caitlyn, Ori and me skate, even though she was just about ready to have a baby.






s


                    Ori wtih grandma; Harvey and Bevy. Elise said that Harvey was letting
                   Beverly lead him around all day.  Apparently that's very unusual.




Roy and I were so excited to be able to go to the Christmas Concert
with the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.  It was fabulous.  It was the first time
in many years that we got drawn from the lottery.  



Hearing Ollie and Gunnar play the piano in their recital was another wonderful Christmas activity.  They both did excellent jobs!  I didn't hear any mistakes.  They're also both getting quite good.

 I have a new calling: Gospel Doctrine Teacher starting in 2023.  I am nervous, but also looking forward to extra gospel study in preparation to facilitate the discussion.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town