A Gender Reveal Video

 The Gender Reveal:




Watch Ila's face


Flaming Gorge in Winter


Roy and I made another work trip up to the cabin last weekend.  It is cold up in Wyoming, but very beautiful.  We are seeing a different Flaming Gorge, with snow and ice covering a lot of the area.


The wildlife are a little easier to spot since it's so quiet up there.
                               This sheep accomodated us by standing still until we got a picture.


I had time to bind my Christmas Quilt while we were at the cabin.  We also found time for a short walk.  The trail was covered by the snow, so we had to depend on the blue diamonds to find our way.  There are a lot of animals that prefer the trail, too, so there were a lot of tracks to follow.










A few cute pictures were shared over the "Rasband Clan" the past two weeks




Yuli--I wonder if she can hear the music through those air pods.

                              Winter Wonderland complete with snow helpers:



Ruby

Bridget; Greta


Poor Todd and Camden--both dressed in pink hand-me-downs.  Todd's whole outfit is bright pink, but Camden only had to put up with the hat.


Caitlyn shared this advertisement for our ice show with the Clan, too.  I'm
not sure how I feel about this whole thing...too late to back out now!
Yuna performed some gymnastics for us in her recital.  She has great form.




As you can tell, it's been a quiet couple of weeks, but today in our Relief Society lesson I was reminded of a conversation Roy and I had with a lady in Florida at the Global Exchange Conference.  This conference was a lot bigger than the conferences Roy normally attends.  Usually, he works with troubled youth programs, but this one had a much wider scope.  One lady that was there told us that she was a "Sober Companion."  We got talking and Roy mentioned he had never drunk alcohol.  Her sad reply was, "I never could have made it through my life without alcohol...and then it proceeded to take away everything that I loved."  I can't imagine living a life that is unbearable without something to dull the senses.  Obviously, she had conquered her addiction and now works to help others.  I have to admit, she looked like she'd lived a very hard life.  She asked us if we were "Mormons."  We replied affirmatively and she said, "I just love Mormons.  In fact, my boyfriend is a Mormon."  

Once again, I am reminded how blessed Roy and I are in our lives.  We had wonderful childhoods with wonderful parents.  Hopefully our children feel the same about us.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town