Winter Break



Roy was traveling most of the week for business.  He had a conference in Maine.  It's a long flight and a lot of work, so it was not ideal for me to go with him.  Therefore, I had a calm week with lots to do, but not lots to report about.  My children, however, had more fun than I did as they traveled for their winter breaks from school.  


Elise and Andy took a short two-hour drive to our old stomping grounds in Atlanta.  They visited the two homes we had lived in and even talked to the owners.  She knew the people next door to our home in Cumming, Ga. because they were still the same neighbors that we had 25 years ago.

Our first home in Georgia on Crab Orchard Drive. 





The Andy and Elise Jackson Family

They went to our favorite restaurant in Roswell and said it was 
still as great as they had remembered it.  We went there often 
enough and even returned after we moved so they said they remembered us 
(partly because the restaurant was right by the theater, so we went often).


                          Harvey on the left;  Mav, Max, Beverly and Harvey with the Beluga Whale.


Elise, Max, Bevy, Mav, and Harvey
The aquarium in Atlanta.  



Another blast from the past with a visit to The Varsity.  





Above: Max and Mav, school pictures, and Mav playing baseball.


Nick and Dan and their families spent a few days at the cabin for their winter break.  They shared some gorgeous pictures with us.  I have never in my life seen yaks--domesticated (like these) or otherwise.  They are weird looking animals.



The Fall is beautiful in the Manilla area.  We haven't ever spent any time at the Gorge after Labor Day before.  IT's a new experience seeing all the beautiful colors. Above: Most of our "Rasband" grandkids; and Yuna, Ori and Effie





The Dan and Jieun Rasband Family; The Nick and Sara Rasband Family



I love pictures of my two sons together!


Yuna shared these great thoughts with us on grandparents day.  She made me a bookmark, too!
On the right is one of the two or three figs we've gotten off our fig tree this year.  It's loaded, but most of the figs are not ripe.  I think we'll be lucky if we get one or two more.
Caitlyn, Todd, Ruby and Grandpa

 We got to see Crista and Matt for a short time on Friday on their way to the Vances for a baby shower and BYU football.  

I mentioned last week that it was AJ's birthday.  Roy and I drove up to celebrate with cake and ice cream at their home--not seeing that the get together had been cancelled due to some flu symptoms in their family.  By the time we arrived, the sick child was feeling a little better, so we stayed and visited for a short time anyway.  It was really nice.  They left a couple of days later to go to Lake Powell, and luckily no one got sick enough to affect the vacation.  I asked them for a few pictures from their trip:

Oli; Gunnar





                                       Ila, Finn and Oli                                        Ila
                          Adrienne finally getting a chance to read and relax;   Gunnar

The AJ and Adrienne Green Family


Roy's trip was all business--but the lobster dinners he was able to enjoy made it a little more worthwhile. 


Dan had his 39th birthday today!  Happy Birthday, Dan.  Too bad you couldn't have enjoyed the lobster with dad to bring in your 39th year.  We hope you had something else that was good to eat.

Roy received a nice note from an old friend/boss from Georgia,  Bill Glover.  Roy worked for him for several years.  He was working for him when we came out to Utah to do the project for the Utah State Government.  Bill lives in Mexico now and has remarried (his wife Joan died many years ago).  Bill is not a member of our church, but always had the greatest respect toward the church and its members.


Roy,

This is the new Mormon Temple in Cumbaya where I live.  I plan to visit it  next week.  Come go with me!

Hope that you and your large wonderful brood are fine.

Roy, I will always remember your Thomas.  I don't know if I ever told you the story about the cemetery in Sandy Springs.  You know I did a lot of work in suicide prevention.  On one occasion I had to attend the funeral of a teenage suicde victim, and park a long way from the gravesite.  When it was over, I was in a hurry and chose to take a shortcut on foot across the cemetery instead of following the road.  Along the way, all of a sudden I found myself unable to move forward.  I looked down and right beside me was a gravestone with "Tomas Rasband" on it.  It was if Thomas had reached out and grabbed me by the ankle. It was a very memorable experience and a good example of how I feel God in my life every day.

I remember that you served in Ecuador.  Where were you?  While Mariana and I started out in Cuenca, we now live in Cumbaya, a suburb of Quito but much warmer.

Best...

Bill

Aimage.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town