Halloween Party

My oldest cousin on my mom's side, Carma Clyde Russell passed away this past week.  Although she was 88, her death was unexpected.  Every time I've seen her lately she has seemed healthy and much younger than her years.  She was my first cousin, but I often thought of her as an aunt, since she was only 13-years younger than my own mother.  Her children were close to me in age.  She had a baby when she was 44 who was both autistic and down syndrome.  She has cared for him with her husband for 44 years.  They didn't take him out much because I think he was difficult, so I wasn't well acquainted with him.  Carma looked alot like my mom, but she was an auburn red-head like my grandmother.  Carma Clyde Russell obituary


Hyeji had her first Junior High choir concert and we were able to attend.  It's hard to believe we have two twelve-year-old grandchildren now. Time certainly runs fast, and it seems to run faster as we get older.

Hyeji's choir concert at Viewmont High School  


This was another week of traveling for Roy.  This week he was in Ashville, North Carolina, Thursday and Friday.  He doesn't like to stay any longer than he has to, so it's a lot of traveling for only a couple of business days.  I am going with him on the next business trip, this time to Florida (next Sunday).  We'll spend a couple of extra days there so we can vacation.  

Roy's business trips are almost all work and no play, but he managed a "guilty pleasure," by going to the airport varsity when he traveled through Atlanta.  At right, he is by his booth a the conference with Brandon Park, one of his clients.


Doyeon celebrated her 11th birthday on Wednesday.  Hyeji made the cute birthday cake (above).  Doyeon, Ollie and I went out Thursday night to celebrate their birthdays.  We went to Habit Burger.  Ollie would have probably rather had Chick-fil-A, but I had reached my quota for that restaurant 😃

Saturday night, Roy and I tended Crista's kids while she and Matt went to her high school reunion.  They stayed the night, then drove to Logan for their primary program, then back to our home for our family Halloween get together.  We watched their program on Youtube before we went to our own meetings.  It's good they went home, they have a very small primary and needed the Vance children.  Ruby and Greta both did a very good job.

Halloween Party at the Rasband's


Bridget, Camden, Ori, Ila, Ruby, Ollie, Finn, Gunnar, Avie and Effie

Yuli, Ruby, Finn, Avi, Yuna, Gunnar, Effie, Camden, Ilas, Greta, Bridget and Ori
I'm not sure why they are making these faces--maybe they ate too much!



Jennie and Yuli; Dojin and lots of other family members


Todd;  Doyeon, Hyeji, Dojin, Jennie, grandbaby #22, and Avie

Dojin makes a very cute pumpkin!




Grandma with Ruby, Gunnar, Camden and Effie


Lots of good food! (Hyeji is really enjoying it!)









Ila and Avie; Bridget with Camden's coveted costume





Avie and Effie


Ori, Camden;  Greta


Camden the giraffe; Todd (he's watching a really boring movie about cars, but he was excited).


Adrienne and AJ are in Scotland, so I took the Green kids home in their car and Roy brought our car to pick me up.  I had a great gospel discussion with Gunnar.  He has such a tender, sweet spirit.  We talked about their middle names and who they were named after, which led us to talk about Thomas, and my parents.  I shared this story of Effie: when she was very small, seeing the picture of my dad on his autobiography, she looked at it and stated, "that's grandpa Vernon."  Nick and Sara said that as far as they knew, no one had ever told Effie who the picture was of, but she knew him.  Ollie told me very emphatically that he remembered nothing of the pre-mortal life.  We talked about feeling the spirit and how we can say that we know the gospel is true, because it's written in our hearts--even though none of us have seen the Savior and our knowledge isn't a sure knowledge.  It was a great 15 minute car ride.  When Roy and I went to bed I told him about the experience, and he said, "see, it's all worth it!"  I agree, 100%.  Even though it's a little chaotic and crazy when we all get together, it's absolutely worth it for the relationships and the memories.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town