Shakespeare Festival 2022

           Injury of the week                             

I don't want to have to make this a regular section in our newsletter.  Every week it seems someone gets hurt. This week it was Camden's turn.  He got into his mom's medications.  This required a trip to the hospital so he could be monitored. Thankfully, it turned out all right.  He had taken a medication for anxiety, and it made him very chill for a few hours.  Some interns asked if they could practice doing an ultrasound on him--not because he needed it, but because he was so calm and obliging.  

After spending a good chunk of the day in the hospital, Nick's family headed up to the Gorge.  The next picture is the next day.  As you can see, he made it out of this scare all right.  When we had been with Nick's family at the Gorge a few weeks ago; Camden found my pill case.  I saw him with it and was panicked because some meds were missing, but he didn't appear to have eaten any.  On closer inspection, I realized he'd just moved the pills around the little weekday compartments.  




Nick's family enjoyed a beautiful day at the Gorge


Shakespeare Festival

Roy and I spent the week in Cedar City and we had another "small world" experience.  Wednesday, after Roy and I hiked along Cedar Canyon Trail, we stopped at the Brickhouse, for lunch.  They have a great salad bar and we usually eat there once each year.  There was a sign saying, "We are short staffed, please be patient with us."  We weren't in a hurry and there was only one couple ahead of us.  After standing there a few minutes, I decided to be friendly and I asked the couple if they were there for the festival.  They were, but they had come up from St. George for only one play.  It was their 45th anniversary.  After chatting for a few minutes, I finally mentioned that Roy and I were from Centerville.  They said that they had also lived in Centerville for many years before retiring to St. George.  It turned out that we would have been in their ward if they still lived there.  Their names were Ralph and Diana. We had a lot of friends in common.  We chatted until they were seated.  Then Ralph stood up and asked if we'd like to join them for lunch.  It was great because we had a lot to talk about and it also meant we didn't have to wait any longer!😀

Everyone knows Roy and I enjoy our food.  Another place we love in Cedar City is The French Spot.  We ate lunch there twice, then bought treats to eat at intermission.  They had delicious macarons.  





The plays were great, as usual.  The acting is always excellent.  This year's schedule included a play called, Sweeny Todd.  I'd never seen it.  When I read the blurb about it, I wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.  Thankfully, though it was a "thriller," they didn't make it bloody, so I didn't have nightmares.  The acting and music was excellent.  We went to all seven plays.  Sound of Music was Roy's favorite.  I think my favorite was Clue.  Gloria and Mike Toomey joined us for two dinners and three of the plays.  It's always nice to get together with them.

One thing that became apparent to us this season at the plays is that we are very sheltered in Centerville.  Many things that are happening in the world are very widely accepted.  I was reading about the prophet Alma this week and came across a quote by Boyd K Packer.  Since I'm at the cabin right now, I can't find the exact quote, but basically he said, "The world is going down a path that we cannot follow."  This seems simple enough, but it's obviously not simple, as so many of our friends and even loved ones are grappling with how to feel about some of the current-day issues.  Our best safety net is in studying the words of the prophets and in reading the Book of Mormon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town