Happy Birthday Roy! And Happy Mother's Day to my Beautiful Mom and Beautiful Daughters and Daughters-in-law.

Happy Birthday #64 to my sweet husband of 42 years. 

Roy was able to do something he loved for his birthday this year.  He and Crista signed up for the Front Runner bicycle ride and rode 64 miles together.  I think they had a great time and felt that they had really accomplished something when they finished.  It took a lot longer than it has in previous years because they had the wind against them the whole day.  They both looked pretty beat when they arrived home, and Roy was half blind in one eye from the dust and the wind irritating it all day, (luckily, it's almost back to normal this morning), but they both said they had a great time. 
Even after a long day, Roy was willing to go out for an evening with some new friends.  He was a good sport to go, since neither of us had met my friend's husband before.  We kept it simple by eating at a food court and visiting and then just walking around the mall.  It was fun.  We don't do a lot with people outside the family.  I think it's because we've moved a lot that we haven't developed many non-family friendships.  Also, some of the close friends we had in Atlanta have already passed away.  
Roy was also able to participate in another favorite activity on Friday.  He went shooting with Uncle Mike.  We had lunch with Gloria and Mike after they were done.  Mike and Gloria are struggling more and more with getting around.  Especially Mike.  He can walk pretty well with his cane, but getting in and out of a car, or up out of a chair are getting very difficult for him.  

             

Roy, Crista;  Uncle Mike


Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mom



I miss my mother.  She was a wonderful, kind woman.  She was a great example of service and love for others.  I am grateful for her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She didn't often bare her testimony out loud, but she lived the gospel and her testimony was obvious in her life.  I don't get emotional very often, but I have had tender feelings today while thinking of her life and legacy.  

Also, happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mother's in our family.


While Roy was off biking on Saturday, I started off my morning taking Caitlyn and Dallin to the airport.  They had a brief hotel stay for their honeymoon right after they were married, but Dallin's parents gave them a week's stay in a resort in Puerto Vallarta for a more extensive, future honeymoon after COVID settled down (Dallin's mom is a travel agent and gets lots of opportunities).  

While Roy and Crista were off riding, I took Ruby shopping for her birthday present.  I thought we might have to visit more than one store, but she finally found what she wanted.  She'd said she wanted to go to "NiKohl's" to look.  I assume I took her to the right store when we went to Kohls.  I had a good time with Todd and the girls after Ruby and I got home.  I only took one picture while the Vances were here: Bridget wanted to take a picture with my phone, so I helped her to take a selfie.  This picture is the 2nd one--after I told her to move her hair out of her eyes 😀  The book picture below was what Matt was working on and finalizing while I played with the girls.  It's just about ready to go to print.  Matt says he has learned so much while writing it, that to him it's been like getting a master's degree.
  



Friday evening we had a visit from the Green family.  I snuck in this cute picture of Ila and Finn. 
At right: Yuli swings with her cousin Cam.  In this picture they look like they're about the same size.  I think they are fairly close in height, but Cam wins hands down in weight.





School pictures of Harvey and Bev.




The summer home in Manilla is nearly finished.  It just needs the finish work and a propane tank.  We thought it was completely powered by electricity, but discovered we had been told wrong.  We need gas for the heat and the water heater.  



I had to share a video that Hyeji shared with the Rasband Clan.  She is so artistic and creative.  I expect great things from her in the future!  
 


Thanks to all of you for the kind thoughts and gifts this Mother's Day.  It means a lot to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town