End of the year activities

The Joseph Smith production is over, so my Sunday evenings should have cleared up, right? Wrong.  I still have quite a few responsibilities as the Stake YW President, and today has been and will continue to be very full.  This morning we met with the stake council, and as usual, it was an uplifting meeting with the focus being on repentance.  We have been asked by our prophet to repent daily--but what does that mean?  It is more than just a few words in our prayers--"please forgive me for all my sins"...it is a commitment to try and be a little better each day.  We all make mistakes, we all sin, but one mistake doesn't mean it's all over for us.  Bro. Wilcox' talk was referenced--"Worthiness is not Flawlessness."  This made the discussion even more interesting to me since I've been asked to substitute teach a Relief Society lesson next month on that very talk.

So, what is the definition of worthiness?

D&C 10: 67 Behold, this is my doctrine—whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church. 69 And now, behold, whosoever is of my church, and endureth of my church to the end, him will I establish upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
As Brother Wilcox emphasized in his talk, The important thing is to always keep trying.  

Our church is a little late this year--it starts at noon.  Church is next on my agenda.  Almost immediately following church I have a meeting with the youth council to finalize everything for our youth conference in June.  And almost immediately following that meeting, I need to hurry to the chapel to prepare for Seminary Graduation.  It's awesome to be busy doing the Lord's work on the Sabbath (though I admit, 7:00 am meeting start is a bit early for me).  

We had another week full of end of school year activities.



It's hard to get a good picture of something like this without the 
proper equipment, but last Sunday night we were able to enjoy
a lunar eclipse.




Dojin had an end of the year pre-school program.  He looked so handsome!  

He's also started cello lessons




Wednesday evening, Roy, Caitlyn and I went to Stars on Ice and witnessed Nathan Chen's
Olympic performance (minus the quads, but with the addition of back flips).  It was fun to see all the
Olympic atheletes from the US perform.  They didn't have the pressure of competition, so they all
skated with ease.  We didn't have to wait between performances for scores, either, so it was
probably even better than the Olympics.  We had a good time.


Ila had several end of year events.  Her preschool graduation (complete with caps and gowns), a ball game, and her dance program.  Her dance was darling and she did everything the leader did.  The program was very long though, as it featured the competition team about every third dance.  Adrienne kept us informed as to when to arrive so we didn't have to watch too many numbers before Ila.











Roy had an overnighter wiht the young men.  I'm glad he still
has the stamina to camp with them.  I'm also glad I don't have to go
with him and sleep in a tent.  He enjoys it.  He made his famous scones
and the boys loved them.


Dan and Nick met by chance at the Centerville well to fill up their water jugs.  
We didn't get a picture of the other chance meeting of the week, but Roy and I went out to dinner to Benihana since we have a May birthday coupon, and about halfway through, in walks Nick and Sara.  We should have communicated so we could've had dinner together.

 





Grandchildren's antics.  Harvey, practicing his art skills, and Bridget, thinking it would be funny to wear a pull-up on her head.  









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town