Short Letter, Uneventful Week

I ate lunch with a couple of sisters from the ward on Wednesday.  After eating and socializing, we said our goodbyes and I went out to my car.  Before I got to the car, I realized I was missing my sun-glasses.  I went through both coat pockets, my pants pockets, etc.  I knew I had them with me in the restaurant, because I used them to read the menu (I didn't bring clear glasses).  I went back to the table, looked all around and underneath.  I went back to the lobby and I would have asked someone, but no one was at the desk, so I went and checked in my car--just in case I hadn't brought them in, even though I knew I had.  They weren't in the car, so  I went and checked the table and underneath it, again.  This time I found someone at the desk so she walked to the table with me to look, and then grabbed our waiter to see if he'd picked any sunglasses up.  No luck.  We went back together to the front desk.  Just as I was giving her my phone number, she looked at me and said, "Are your glasses on your shirt?"  I looked down and sure enough, I'd hooked them to the front of my shirt to get them out of the way.  At least they weren't on top of my head.  And at least I only wasted about 10 minutes or so looking for them.  

I have to tell stories about my ridiculousness because this was a slow week.  We didn't see or tend grandchildren, we didn't go on vacation, and we didn't even go out to a movie.  I don't even have a spiritual thought because I've been studying Leviticus and Numbers this week. But don't get me wrong, slow weeks are great sometimes.  

Well, I did host DUP on Monday because the person who was supposed to host got COVID.  I'm the president so things like that fall in my court.  I'm not sure how I became president, it just sort of happened.  Usually being in the background and fulfilling assignments is more my forte, but lately I'm not getting that opportunity since I'm also the Stake YW President (and that calling is super busy right now).  

This is the quilt I finished after working on it for the entire year.  I have one more that's done, but it's only bound half-way around.  I'll post a picture of that next week.




At least this letter is short.  Next week will be more interesting.  We'll be driving down to St. George with all four of Adrienne's kids without Adrienne.  She has a conference in Florida with AJ and she will hop on a flight Thursday night to join us for Ollie's soccer tournament.  We are fortunate that Philip and Charlotte are allowing us use of their home.  

I only received one picture this week.  I didn't take any (except
of the quilt).  This is Harvey.  I suggested to Elise that he
should probably leave that helmet on most of the time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town