62 years old!!!


 I had my 62nd birthday this week.  Philip pointed out that it was a very important birthday for me, as the date was 2/2/22.  I hadn't even noticed.  I think I was trying not to notice my birthday at all.  I don't feel very old, but the number "62" sounds really old.  I work (play) with a lot of ladies older than myself  when I teach water aerobics and when I ice skate.  They tell me I'm still a baby, so...I guess I better enjoy my 60's because if the rest of my life is any indication, they won't last very long.

When I first started enjoying grandchildren (12 years ago), I saw a picture of Roy's parents with my children and I was a little shocked that I had reached the age my mother-in-law had been in the pictures.  It definitely goes by too quickly!

I'm sure I've told this story before, but when my mom turned 75, she told me, "I'm three quarters of a century old and my life has passed 'like as it were a dream' " (see Jacob 7:26).  I'm not there yet, and I won't hold my breath, but it does speed by.  

I have to say, though.  I'm very grateful I've lived at least this long, so that I can enjoy my amazing children and grandchildren.  I'm very blessed.  I wouldn't choose to be young again, either.  Each stage of my life has been wonderful.


Roy took me out for sushi to celebrate.  I told him
I have too many pictures of me eating.  He said, "You're 
not eating right now." but as you can see, I soon will be.

Andy and Greta also had birthdays this past week, Andy's on Monday, and Greta's on Friday.  



Greta is showing us the jewelry she made out of the pop
beads we sent her for her birthday.  We sent her a little
money, too, for her savings account.  She told her mom
she would rather keep it to spend at the dollar store.  
Knowing Crista, that probably didn't happen (at least not with more than 
a dollar or two).



Lately, Roy and I have been healthy, although Roy's eye has not regained good vision yet.  The doctor thinks it will, in time.  However, some of my kids have been struggling with their health.  Dan's family is still dealing with COVID, one family member at a time--enough to keep them indefinitely in quarantine (I'm sure it feels that way, anyway).  Nick and Sara have also had colds, and today, Nick took Sara into the ER to check out an eye injury.  




The yellow in the eye shows the laceration.  It's quite large.
It's very painful, as well, so hopefully the medicine she's getting
will help.

While Nick and Sara went to the hospital, some neighbors took the girls, but Roy went over to Nick and Sara's home so Camden could continue sleeping.  It gaves him a chance to enjoy his grandson a little bit.


Roy and Camden

I have to take advantage of a relaxed Sunday to write my letter today.  Next week I start rehearsals for the production Joseph Smith the Prophet.  I volunteered to be in the Orchestra.  I know it will be really good for me, but it also requires me to be gone every Sunday night for 3 months.  My next door neighbor, Ashlyn (Anderson) Klunker, Dallin's sister, is the conductor for the orchestra.  Also, I have ward conference 4 out of the next 6 weeks or so. 
As for as my calling, it's getting very busy.  We have a "Tabernacle Experience" coming up.  We haven't known about it very long and it's pretty time intensive.  There are 16 lessons to be taught in relation to it.  The first three will be taught by our Stake Presidency in a fireside later this month.  Our youth have to be trained to give tours through the "Tabernacle" that will be set up in Bountiful.  Our stake has one day to participate, but many stakes are involved.  We also do "Senior Chats" every month.  Keith Erekson, a member of our ward and a historian for the church, is our "speaker." He's there to answer any questions the youth have for him.  It has been a great forum for the seniors in our stake.  So, my Sundays will be busier and I will have to be more creative in finding time to write this letter.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town