A Week at the Temple by Roy

 

A week at the Temple.


As all of you have discovered it is quite difficult to attend the temple unless you have flexibility to go during the daytime.  I heard from one of our ward members that works at the temple that one of the secrets to getting an appointment is to login at approximately 12:05 A.M. on the first day of the month.  The first time I did this was a couple of months ago and I was fairly successful.  I was initially trying to get a baptismal day for our young men in our ward.  I searched (without success) the Bountiful, Ogden, and Brigham City temple schedule.  Then I expanded to Jordan River and succeded in scheduling appointments for a couple of months out at 6:00 pm on a Saturday.  As you can see from the photo above, we took our youth last night and had a great experience.  We had (4) priests, (3) teachers and (3) deacons. Due to some of the changes, our priests were able to be baptized and also to perform the ordinance of baptizing, on behalf of those who have passed on.  It was the first time for most of them have this experience.  I took (5) male names which I obtained from the Take-A-Name app. and Max, our youngest deacon performed the baptisms and confirmations for these individuals

 I asked the session supervisor why it was a little easier to get appointments at the Jordan River Temple.  He didn’t really know but said that he had had interesting groups come there to attend the Jordan River Temple because they were able to get appointments.  One was a Nepali Branch (from SLC). None of them could read English, so a returned missionary that spoke their language got in the font and restated the ordinance for the Nepali baptizer to perform. The temple worker said he has also had people come from Utah and Davis Counties as well as a group from Saudi Arabia.

When I made the baptism appointments for our youth, I also made Endowment, Sealing and Initiatory appointments for Mom and me which we performed over the last couple of weeks. The sealer was F. Michael Watson who was on the first quorum of seventy as well assistant secretary and secretary for (7) presidents of the church starting with Joseph F. Smith. He articulated very well and was very fast and efficient in the sealings.

When I went to the initiatory, I was the only one there except for the officiators. I was proxy for (5) departed and it only took about 35 – 40 minutes. I tried to focus on what was being said in all of the ordinances which was great, and I was able to internalize it more.

So, in final: I know it is especially difficult getting appointments and finding the time to go. However, even though it is difficult I'm confident you can find some slots that will work. Mom and I, with some notice would also be happy to babysit to help you get to the temple.  I testify that it will strengthen you physically, emotionally, and spiritually as you make it a priority in your life.

                                                            Love,

 

                                                            Mom and Dad

 

Comments

  1. I’m so glad y’all made it to the temple. Andy and I got to go a couple of weeks ago and have a date planned to go to a ward baptismal night at the temple in December. It’s so nice to be able to get back there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town