Anniversary

Today is our 41st anniversary!  I think that in this day and age that's something to brag about!  I have been so blessed to have Roy as my husband.  He is always thinking of others--including me.  He never fails to do the little things to make our marriage better (he fills my water glass at night, he makes dinner on the weekends, he takes me on vacations which he plans... I could go on).   We haven't done anything extra to celebrate, but we did go to Mexico 6 weeks ago, so I guess that counts.  

For me this week was fairly uneventful, but we had some interaction with our grandchildren.  
Beverly and Mav had picture day, but Elise
forgot.  I think it's pretty cute anyway--it's good
to look back and see how your kids were dressed
most of the time.


                  Mav and Bev are at the same pre-school     Camden is really growing.  He looks a little bit like his dad, I think.

                                                                                            

Roy is good to watch his grandkids play ball.  If we tried to make every game then we wouldn't do anything else.  

Oli.  He LOVES sports!


Finn, ready to play


Roy also went to watch Effie at her first soccer game, but found out that the coach had given everyone the wrong time.  At least he got to see her in her outfit.  Nick said she didn't try to kick the ball, but she had fun running and smiling.


We had four grandchildren born during Covid--the first was Harvey, and now he's celebrated his first birthday--little did we know we'd still be dealing with the pandemic a whole year later.  We don't see Harvey a lot, and last time we saw him (at Cait's wedding), he really wasn't feeling well.  Normally, he's a happy active boy.







Roy's also been getting some help out of his two oldest grandchildren in our yard.  Gunnar says that yard work is his favorite chore.  Grandpa also pays really well--Hyeji says she just does it for the money!  It's good to get any help in our big yard, especially since my allergies and cough are ridiculously annoying right now.  I spent one day sweeping outside and paid for it the next day.  I'm coughing anyway, so maybe I should just buck up and get out there and weed.

We had the family over for Sunday dinner.  An early Mother's Day dinner.  We also celebrated Ruby's birthday, which is in a couple of days.  She was so happy with the attention!

Ila, Bridget, Camden

The house gets pretty chaotic with everyone present (except Elise and family) 

Our emergency candles came in handy 
since we didn't have any birthday candles.
Ruby was satisfied.  


I made this quilt twice--once for Todd and
once for Camden.  Unfortunately, I didn't
get a picture of Todd.  I did get to hold him for
a few minutes, though.
(Camden, above and below--I heard Hyeji telling
one of her young cousins to find Camden "Look for the
one with BLUE eyes.")


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism of Maverick Roy Rasband (February 24, 2024)

Scriptural Thought

Ruby's baptism, Foster's baby blessing, and the Jackson's are in town